Thursday, January 13, 2011

10/01/11 The Netherlands Countryside

Laurie and Zelda arrive and we do a bus tour of the countryside. First stop is a traditional clog maker where they show us how the clogs are made. Oh yeah, I'm a rocket scientist. Was a cool demonstration anyway especially when he blew the water out of the wood. Anyway I tried on a pair of my traditional shoes while Daniel shook his head at me. We walked around and looked at the windmills then we went to the town of Edam.

The cheese factory was great! We got to do some tasting, and I don't mean tasting by Australian standards where you get one slice of 3 cheeses they've picked out. I mean tasting! Every cheese you wanted to try. They had about 13 of them pre sliced up in good portions, plus you could ask to taste the others. Then there was chocolate and caramel wafer biscuits. Needsless to say we got weak and bought a fair bit from there...

Last stop was a fishing village where we had some chips and Daniel gave my crotch a nice warm cup of coffee :P

No comments: