So just like it was meant to happen, the snow started falling from the sky on Christmas morning... It was amazing!!! I woke up at 3am partly because my body clock was still out, partly because I wanted to make a phone call. Managed to wait til about 5am before racing outside in the dark and the snow and the cold to call home and say Merry Christmas! It was the first time I'd spoken to my family since we left so it was a great start to the day! Back to the beautiful apartment and everyone was starting to wake up. We all sat down and had breakfast watching the snow fall on the balcony. Caitlin had her snowboarding lesson booked so we all went up the Penken for a board/look around. Caitlin had the same wicked instructor as we did and she spotted us straight away. So Caitlin was doing her lessons while Daniel and I practiced turning, carving and stopping. Dan and I stopped for a hot chocolate with Laurie and Zelda then we all headed over to find some lunch. It was still snowing and the stuff on the ground looked way too fluffy so Caitlin and I fixed that right up with a couple of snow angels. We had lunch at a traditional style restaurant with a couple of foxes playing poker. The food was great! Even the tomato soup turned me.. I didn't think I liked soup..
After lunch we went to another slope and Daniel did a blue run which was a bit narrow for a beginner snowboarder... he apparently had a few falls but made it to the bottom in 10 mins with a wet and frozen bottom... So he went and had a coffee and thawed out for 30 mins before catching the lift back up....
Meanwhile.. Caitlin and Rhiannon were making human popsicles, waiting for him where he left them. The wind had picked up and it sure got cold up there!
On a brighter note, while we were waiting we discovered possibly the most amazing thing on the whole trip...
The snow wasn't just little balls of ice falling... These were actual snowflakes!!!!! They're REAL!!!!! I just thought that those pretty little patterned things were made with a bit of imagination but they're REAL!!!!!!
Merry Christmas! And what an amazing one at that!
No comments:
Post a Comment